Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Fair -- Lord, help us.

Yes, we are THAT high off the ground.

Ferris Wheel from Hell

Here is the scary ride we let Miranda go on...alone...because we had no idea how scary it was until it freakin' took off. She hung on for dear life with a giant grin on her face. I wish I could have taken a better picture, but it was going so fast even Randy freaked a little.

This ride was more our speed.
Slow.

Miranda got to make some friends at the fair, too.

White Knuckle Railroad.
That thing went about 65 MPH around the turns.


When I saved this on the Blackberry, I named the file "Hell Ride." I didn't even tape the scary part because Randy and I were PARALYZED with fear watching MK hold on to the pole in the middle and were screaming things like "Hold on, Goose!" and "It'll stop soon, we promise." I was also mentally planning our route to Emory Eastside.

The elephant ride was a better way to go. I'm not sure Randy loved it though.

Not so exciting, but it was quite an accomplishment. On the way in Miranda said, "I'm not going on that because it's too high." Her death defying Hell Ride earned her enough stripes and courage to take on the Pumpkin Ferris Wheel.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait till Strawberry Festival time!!

Vicky Curtis said...

OMG you have made my day! I was hysterical reading this! I love that little dare-devil and her comedian mother... and of course the daddy who would ride an elephant for his daughter... Love, Aunt Vicky

Unknown said...

She's a (dare) devil all right

Unknown said...

She's a (dare) devil alright! You're going to have your hands full in a few years.

Love,

Dad

Nana said...

Looks like MK Knievel at her best!!I know she loved every minute of it. As usual, the play by play is hilarious!! See you tomorrow! Love to all, Nana